Michelle Larcher de Brito Reaches her first WTA Tour Quarterfinal at 15
Michelle Larcher de Brito, 15, has reached her first career WTA Tour Quarterfinal at the 2008 Tashkent Open. Today, she defeated Tatiana Poutchek, a former top 60 player, 6-4, 6-1 and will next face the #3 seed, Sorana Cirstea of Romania. Michelle and Cirstea played each other at the 2007 Jr. Roland Garros. They faced off in the Round of 16 and Michelle won this encounter 7-5 in the third set. Before that, she and Cirstea have not played each other since the 2006 Girls 18 Eddie Herr International when Michelle was just 13-years-old. Cirstea won that Quarterfinal battle 7-5 in the third set.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta