Michelle Larcher de Brito Reaches her first WTA Tour Quarterfinal at 15
Michelle Larcher de Brito, 15, has reached her first career WTA Tour Quarterfinal at the 2008 Tashkent Open. Today, she defeated Tatiana Poutchek, a former top 60 player, 6-4, 6-1 and will next face the #3 seed, Sorana Cirstea of Romania. Michelle and Cirstea played each other at the 2007 Jr. Roland Garros. They faced off in the Round of 16 and Michelle won this encounter 7-5 in the third set. Before that, she and Cirstea have not played each other since the 2006 Girls 18 Eddie Herr International when Michelle was just 13-years-old. Cirstea won that Quarterfinal battle 7-5 in the third set.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Fowler wins 2015 'Tennis Media Award'
- Drysdale Tennis launches foundation
- TV coverage of the clay-court season
- 'Try Tennis Free' campaign seeks growth
- Increase in hybrids driven by 'poly pain'
- USTA breaks ground in Lake Nona
- Team USA honors renowned coaches
- Blackman new GM, USTA Player Development
- Djokovic captures 5th Miami title
- Nominate an outstanding facility