Michelle Larcher de Brito Reaches her first WTA Tour Quarterfinal at 15
Michelle Larcher de Brito, 15, has reached her first career WTA Tour Quarterfinal at the 2008 Tashkent Open. Today, she defeated Tatiana Poutchek, a former top 60 player, 6-4, 6-1 and will next face the #3 seed, Sorana Cirstea of Romania. Michelle and Cirstea played each other at the 2007 Jr. Roland Garros. They faced off in the Round of 16 and Michelle won this encounter 7-5 in the third set. Before that, she and Cirstea have not played each other since the 2006 Girls 18 Eddie Herr International when Michelle was just 13-years-old. Cirstea won that Quarterfinal battle 7-5 in the third set.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells