Robredo Wins Battle Between Dunlop Tour Team Members
GREENVILLE, SC -– Wielding his Dunlop Aerogel 300, Tommy Robredo clinched his first title of the season Sunday, defeating Tomas Berdych (and his Dunlop Aerogel 200) 6-4, 6-1 in Bastad at the Catella Swedish Open.
The Dunlop Tour Team has won three titles and reached eight finals in 2008, placing Dunlop Aerogel racquets amongst the most successful on the ATP Tour. Robredo won the latest title with a dazzling array of groundstrokes and powerfully accurate first serves (at an 82% clip). He joins Nicolas Almagro as winners this year on Tour for Dunlop.
“Dunlop has a longstanding tradition of championship-level play on the ATP Tour, and this year is no different,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop’s General Manager of Racquet Sports. “When you combine Dunlop’s commitment to technological innovation in the racquet industry with the passion, intensity and skills of its ATP Tour Team members, these are the results we’ve come to expect.”
Dunlop Tour Team
James Blake – 10 time Winner on ATP Tour. ATP rank # 8
Tomas Berdych – 4 time Winner on ATP Tour. ATP rank # 21
Tommy Robredo – 7 time winner on Tour. ATP rank # 14
Nicolas Almagro – 4 time winner on Tour. ATP rank # 12
Tommy Haas – 11 time Winner on ATP Tour. ATP rank # 46
Thomas Johansson – 9 Time winner on Tour. ATP rank # 62
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta