HEAD Re-Signs Tennis Sensation Murray
KENNELBACH, AUSTRIA — HEAD announced that the company has re-signed an agreement with tennis star Andy Murray. The partnership will continue through end of 2011.
The contract signing took place on May 20th in London with Executive Director of Global Sales Jeremy Sherwood in attendance.
Murray, who plays with the MicroGEL Radical MP, holds a current ranking of No. 11 in the South African Airways ATP rankings.
“I’ve enjoyed tremendous success on the ATP tour with my HEAD racquet,” said Murray. “I’m looking forward to playing with the Radical for years to come.”
Murray added: “I trust my racquet. HEAD produces fantastic products and is the most used brand among the top 100 players on the ATP tour. HEAD’s technical competence fulfils the needs of today’s pros and I look forward to continuing this successful relationship.”
“HEAD is one of the most well-known tennis brands in the world and has a long tradition of success with pros such as Arthur Ashe, Guillermo Vilas and Andre Agassi. We know Andy will continue this tradition,” said Johan Eliasch. “Pros like Andy help us continue to develop innovative products and strengthen the brand.”
A native of Dunblane, Scotland, Murray began playing tennis at the age of three. The 21-year-old has five ATP titles under his belt, including recent wins at the 2008 Doha and Marseille championships.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tennis Channel live at Western & Southern Open
- Tilton to receive ITA Achievement Award
- WTT Smash Hits coming to London
- McEnroe and Courier to compete in the DR
- USTA, Greenbergs to get kids active
- NetSuite Open returns to San Fran
- Maui Jim helps officials at W&S Open
- ITA announces new Division I format
- Tennis Show celebrates business
- USTA Foundation receives Coca Cola grant