HEAD Re-Signs Tennis Sensation Murray
KENNELBACH, AUSTRIA — HEAD announced that the company has re-signed an agreement with tennis star Andy Murray. The partnership will continue through end of 2011.
The contract signing took place on May 20th in London with Executive Director of Global Sales Jeremy Sherwood in attendance.
Murray, who plays with the MicroGEL Radical MP, holds a current ranking of No. 11 in the South African Airways ATP rankings.
“I’ve enjoyed tremendous success on the ATP tour with my HEAD racquet,” said Murray. “I’m looking forward to playing with the Radical for years to come.”
Murray added: “I trust my racquet. HEAD produces fantastic products and is the most used brand among the top 100 players on the ATP tour. HEAD’s technical competence fulfils the needs of today’s pros and I look forward to continuing this successful relationship.”
“HEAD is one of the most well-known tennis brands in the world and has a long tradition of success with pros such as Arthur Ashe, Guillermo Vilas and Andre Agassi. We know Andy will continue this tradition,” said Johan Eliasch. “Pros like Andy help us continue to develop innovative products and strengthen the brand.”
A native of Dunblane, Scotland, Murray began playing tennis at the age of three. The 21-year-old has five ATP titles under his belt, including recent wins at the 2008 Doha and Marseille championships.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin
- Thelma Coyne Long has passed away