Babolat Introduces New Aero Strike
Boulder, CO — Babolat, the leading French manufacturer of tennis racquets, announces the launch of the Babolat Aero Strike tennis racquet, a lighter version of three-time French Open winner (2005-07) Rafael Nadal’s Aero Pro Drive, the same racquet that helped him achieve a #2 worldwide ranking.
The Aero Strike provides for better maneuverability while maintaining great power. This racquet will appeal to players with a faster, medium to full swing who like the feel of the Aero Modular technology which helps increase head speed and power while providing excellent control. The Aero Strike is more forgiving, more maneuverable and lighter than the Aero Pro Drive - the perfect next step for up-and-coming juniors or intermediates moving up from a racquet like the Drive Z Lite, another lightweight mid-plus racquet in the Babolat range.
“The Aero Strike has been a big seller in Europe and we’re thrilled to add it to our product offering here in the US,” said Olivier Bailliard, President and CEO of Babolat USA. “We’re always talking with pros, club players and dealers about the kinds of products people are looking for and the need for a lighter racquet became apparent - especially for juniors who want to play like Rafa.”
Three Key Technologies:
* Cortex System - “Enjoy the pure feel”: The Cortex System is the first technology customized to filter different vibrations. This exclusive Babolat material has the ability to filter and dampen (do we need to say that twice?). The handle and the frame of the racquet are linked by one interface in the C.D.S. (Cortex Dampening System), which allows the filter to absorb unnecessary vibrations for a purer feel.
* Aero Modular Technology: With a standard head beam for optimal maneuverability, this innovative frame is designed to simulate an airplane wing, offering power and control while increasing head speed.
* Woofer: The Woofer is the first technology on the market linking the frame and strings for optimal comfort. All Babolat performance racquets are equipped with Woofer technology.
Aero Strike product specifications:
|Head size:||100 sq in|
|Composition:||100% High Modulus Graphite|
|Stringing Pattern:||16 × 19|
|Recommended Strings:||Hybrid Combination - XCEL (Comfort) / PRO HURRICANE (Durability)|
|Technologies:||Cortex System (filtering & dampening); Aero Modular Technology; Woofer|
|Suggested Retail:||$185.00 (sold unstrung)|
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company
- Kaiser named PTR Female Player of the Year
- The Playmate iSMASH ball machine