WTAWorld.com: Family Circle Cup Tournament
When: April 12th to April 20th, 2008
Event Venue: Family Circle Tennis Center in Charleston, South Carolina
2007 Champion: Jelena Jankovic
Prize Money: $1,340,000
Playing Surface: Clay
The 35th annual Family Circle Cup tournament is underway in Charleston, South Carolina even though it lost a couple of big names last week (Justine Henin and Venus Williams pulled out of the event with injuries), but the event still has star power.
Defending Family Circle Cup champion Jelena Jankovic is the top seed, while Sharapova is the No. 2 seed. The other members of the Family Circle Cup’s Fab Four are No. 3 seed Anna Chakvetadze and Elena Dementieva.
Tournament director Robin Reynolds is pleased with the line-up, ‘this year’s field is that perfect blend of those seasoned players against those up-and-coming players,’ she said. ‘I think it is an incredibly strong field. I’m thrilled.’
With that being said, the 2008 Family Circle Cup Tournament will be sure not to disappoint.
Who will leave the Family Circle Tennis Center as champion? Jankovic? Serena Williams? Sharapova?
Be sure to let us know who you think will come out of the court victorious by giving us your thoughts and opinions at www.wtaworld.com.
Enjoy the action,
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Fairfield tourney announces sponsor
- USPTA names Official Business App
- Tennis Channel now on Amazon Fire TV
- Two new exhibits at ITHF
- Hingis featured in new PSA for ITHF
- US Open qualies set attendance record
- Discover your game with Babolat POP
- Longoria wins singles and doubles in Colombia
- Ginepri announces his retirement
- US Open's dining and culinary offerings