HEAD Re-Signs Tennis Sensation Young
KENNELBACH, AUSTRIA — HEAD announced today that the company has re-signed an agreement with young tennis standout Donald Young. The partnership begins immediately and will continue through 2010.
Coached by his parents Donald Sr. and Ilona, Young, who plays with a MicroGEL Radical MP, holds a current ranking of No. 77 and is the youngest Top 100 player in ATP rankings.
Eighteen-year-old Young was recently a Quarter Finalist at the 2008 Regions Morgan Keegan Championship in Memphis and already reached the 3rd round of a Grand Slam at the 2007 U.S. Open in Flushing Meadows.
At the age of sixteen, Young became the youngest No. 1 player in the ITF Junior rankings in 2005. Young also won the Junior Australian Tournament the same year and the Junior Wimbledon Tournament in 2007.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta