HEAD Re-Signs Tennis Sensation Young
KENNELBACH, AUSTRIA — HEAD announced today that the company has re-signed an agreement with young tennis standout Donald Young. The partnership begins immediately and will continue through 2010.
Coached by his parents Donald Sr. and Ilona, Young, who plays with a MicroGEL Radical MP, holds a current ranking of No. 77 and is the youngest Top 100 player in ATP rankings.
Eighteen-year-old Young was recently a Quarter Finalist at the 2008 Regions Morgan Keegan Championship in Memphis and already reached the 3rd round of a Grand Slam at the 2007 U.S. Open in Flushing Meadows.
At the age of sixteen, Young became the youngest No. 1 player in the ITF Junior rankings in 2005. Young also won the Junior Australian Tournament the same year and the Junior Wimbledon Tournament in 2007.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USPTA renews partnership with Rezilient
- Tennis Channel championship run-up
- Gaultier defeats Shabana
- Head Penn players dominate pro racquetball
- Gaultier and Shabana to meet in the final
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony