Bälle de Mätch names Zalatoris president
CHICAGO, IL — Bälle de Mätch, the young apparel brand that continues to post record sales numbers, has named Paul Zalatoris president of the company. Zalatoris, who was recruited by Bälle de Mätch because of his strong financial and operational background and brought in at the beginning of 2008 as CFO, will now preside over the brand from its Chicago headquarters.
An industry veteran with nearly 20 years in the tennis business, Zalatoris spent a majority of his career at Wilson Sporting Goods, Inc. ending his tenure there as Global Business Director of Tennis Balls. He also worked in corporate finance as well as controller for the Racquet Sports Division. Zalatoris recently acted as General Manager for Tecnifibre USA, where he was responsible for string distribution, as well as introducing all other hard goods, such as tennis and squash rackets. During his time there the company more than tripled its sales.
Bälle de Mätch was recently named #1 in Customer Service by the 2007 TIA Dealer Survey and has rapidly grown from a small brand to a major name in the tennis industry. The company has made great strides in a short time and plans to continue with its aggressive approach.
“This is a great opportunity to guide this company to further success,” said Zalatoris. “I am anxious to build on what they have already accomplished.”
To see the latest product offerings from Bälle de Mätch, visit balledematch.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company
- Kaiser named PTR Female Player of the Year
- The Playmate iSMASH ball machine