Team HEAD’s Jack Huczek Wins Fifth Consecutive Tournament
SAN DIEGO — Jack Huczek, a member of HEAD’s elite racquetball team of National Pro Staff, won the International Racquetball Tour’s (IRT) San Diego Open on Sunday at the American Athletic Club. Huczek (Rochester Hills, Mich.) defeated Rocky Carson (Ladera Ranch, Calif.) in the five-game championship final 10-12, 11-6, 7-11, 12-10, 11-5.
The win is Huczek’s fifth consecutive tournament victory. The streak started in January at the IRT’s New York City Pro-Am, and then continued at the Lewis Drug Pro-Am in Sioux Falls, S.D. At the USA Racquetball National Doubles tournament in February, Huczek teamed up with his finals opponent in San Diego, Rocky Carson to win the 2008 National Men’s Doubles Championship. The win in Tempe earned Huczek a spot on the USA Racquetball National Adult Team that will compete this summer at the International Racquetball Federation’s (IRF) World Championships in Ireland.
With his most recent victory, Huczek will retain his No. 1 IRT World Ranking — a spot he has not relinquished since joining the HEAD team in 2006. In addition to “The Streak”, Huczek won IRT events this season in Toronto and Kentucky, while reaching the finals in three other tournaments.
This week the IRT heads to Florida for the Spring Break Pro-Am in Sarasota.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Easter Bowl coming to Indian Wells
- Snodgrass partners with TIA
- First for real-time biometric data
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries
- Saddleback Resort to host Fed Cup