Prince Sports Looking for an Experienced Product Manager
Prince Sports, Inc., founded in 1970, is a leading global racquet sports brand. Prince is enjoying rapid growth because of its revolutionary O3 racquet technology, various other product innovations, and a solid management team. An important strategic initiative in Prince’s business plan is to grow its string and accessory business globally with innovative, high performance products.
- Develop, recommend to management, refine and manage the implementation of the Company’s global strategic plan for strings, grips, machines, and accessories. The Plan encompasses US and international markets, and targets various player types, as well as multiple channels of distribution and price points.
- Manage, in collaboration with the R&D group, the line planning process including research, product concept, construction, and development, to market positioning, pricing, and the product launch to the global Sales groups and marketplaces.
- Manage the annual business plan for these categories in the U.S. market, including sales/inventory forecasting, collaborating with the Sales force, product line P&L budgeting, and key tactical initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing team by identifying required marketing support, including go-to-market themes, messages, POS merchandising and sales aids. Also collaborate with sales management on sales programs and promotions
- Collaborate with Prince R&D, Far East vendors, US and International Sales teams, Marketing Communications, Player Promotions, Finance, and other product management groups as required to accomplish goals in a teamwork environment.
- Visit U.S. and key global markets/retailers to gain in-depth analysis of retail, stringing and competitive environments, market trends, in-store brand presentation/positioning, and assist in sales calls to major accounts.
- Prepare for and participate in product meetings, sales conferences, and strategic planning meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Emphasis in marketing or business administration. Master’s Degree a plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience in product marketing (mix of product management, product development, and marketing). Sales experience a plus but not required.
- Must be an accomplished tennis player, with stringing expertise, and technical knowledge of strings.
- Strong leadership skills, analytical aptitude, effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment
- U.S. and International travel required (20% of time, estimated)
Candidates can email their resume directly to Prince Human Resources at HR@princesports.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Aviators announce new ownership
- ASICS launches BZ100 racquet
- Djokovic: 'Player of the Year'
- ASBA honors distinguished facilities
- Former pros set to compete
- Carson and Longoria sweep pro stops
- Fish receives ITA award
- Longoria sweeps gold
- Hourglass Performance Institute joins PTR
- Kid named sales manager for Volkl