Wilson Continues to Grow Market Share in 2007
Chicago — Wilson continued to be the #1 racket brand choice in 2007, according to the year end 2007 SMS/TIA survey just released. Based on the strength of the new [K]Factor line of rackets, Wilson’s performance racket market share continued to move up in 2007 (vs 2006) to further Wilson’s position as the clear #1 racket brand.
Wilson had 5 of the Top 10 “Hot New Rackets” in 2007 with the [K]Six.One 95, [K]Six.One Tour, and [K]Six.One Team rackets earning the #1, #2, and #3 sellers overall on the “Hot New Rackets” survey — which measures the best-selling new rackets that have been launched in the past 12 months. Wilson also had an amazing 8 of the Top 20 best-selling rackets for all of 2007 — regardless of when they were launched.
Wilson’s ongoing success in 2007 is already showing momentum in 2008 with their new [K]Blade family of rackets that has begun shipping and used by Novak Djokovic to win the 2008 Australian Open — his first Grand Slam title. Other noteable players that have switched to new [K]Blade models include Australian Open Finalist Jo-Wilfried Tsonga as well as superstars Venus & Serena Williams.
In addition to the many top players upgrading to new [K]Blade models, both world #1 players, Roger Federer and Justine Henin are also playing [K]Factor for 2008.
The market share data above is based on the 2007 Sports Marketing Surveys / TIA tennis specialty retail audit report.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin
- Thelma Coyne Long has passed away