Team HEAD’s Jack Huczek Wins IRT Stop in Seattle
SEATTLE — Jack Huczek, a member of HEAD’s elite racquetball team of National Pro Staff, won the International Racquetball Tour’s (IRT) Seattle Open on Sunday. Huczek (Rochester Hills, Mich.) defeated Jason Mannino (San Diego, Calif.) in the five-game championship final 11-3, 9-11, 11-3, 3-11, 11-2.
With the win Huczek will retain his No. 1 IRT World Ranking — a spot he has not relinquished since joining the HEAD team in 2006. The win is also Huczek’s fourth consecutive tournament victory. The streak started in January at the IRT’s New York City Pro-Am, and then continued at the Lewis Drug Pro-Am in Sioux Falls, S.D.
At the USA Racquetball National Doubles tournament earlier this month, Huczek teamed up with fellow IRT Pro Rocky Carson (Ladera Ranch, Calif.) to win the 2008 National Men’s Doubles Championship. The win in Tempe earned Huczek a spot on the USA Racquetball National Adult Team that will compete this summer at the International Racquetball Federation’s (IRF) World Championships in Ireland.
In addition to “The Streak”, Huczek won IRT events this season in Toronto and Kentucky, while reaching the finals in three other tournaments.
The next stop for IRT is in California for the San Diego Open, where Huczek will attempt to defend his victory from the last season.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head launches MXG racquet technology
- Dalton Enterprises joins TIA
- New venue for NCAA championships
- Ashaway adds SuperNick ZX squash string
- U-M captures national championship
- ITA and Sports Interiors announce partnership
- Promoter of the Year Award Winners
- Solinco signs the Bryan Brothers
- Nation’s best head for Orlando
- Nominate an outstanding facility