HEAD Pros Swing to Victory at Recent Tournaments
KENNELBACH, AUSTRIA — HEAD players enjoyed success last week at tournaments around the world.
ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament, Rotterdam, Netherlands
HEAD player Robin Soderling reached his first final of the year with a 6-3, 6-2 win against HEAD fellow Gilles Simon. Soderling, who plays with a MicroGEL Radical MP, was defeated in the finals by Michael Llodra in a breathtaking 3 sets 7-6 (3), 3-6, 6-7 (4).
Meanwhile, HEAD player Ivo Karlovic reached the semi finals defeating Mischa Zverev 6-3, 6-1. HEAD wild card player Robin Haasem, who plays with a MicroGEL Prestige Mid, defeated No. 6 seed and fellow HEAD player Andy Murray 7-5, 6-3 in front of his home crowd.
In doubles, HEAD player Mikhail Youzhny and his partner Philipp Kohlschreiber reached the finals but were defeated 7-5, 3-6, 10-7. Youzhny’s weapon of choice is the MicroGEL Extreme Pro.
Copa Telemex, Buenos Aires
HEAD player Jose Acasuso reached the finals at his home-town tournament against David Nalbandian. After 2 hours and 43 minutes, Acasuso was finally defeated 3-6, 6-7 (5), 4-6.
HEAD player Agustin Calleri won the doubles final with partner Luis Horna. Calleri, who plays with a MicroGEL Prestige Mid, and Horna defeated Werner Eschauer and Peter Luczak 6-0, 6-7 (6), 10-2.
SAP Open, San Jose
HEAD player Guillermo Garcia-Lopez reached the semi finals by defeating John Isner 7-6 (4), 6-7 (1), 7-6 (11). Lopez, who plays with a MicroGEL Prestige Mid, was defeated by eventual winner Andy Roddick 7-6 (2), 6-1.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again
- Djokovic wins 3 Masters 1000 titles in a row
- ITF designates PTR Wheelchair Championships
- Roddick breaks Sampras record in Dallas
- Roddick ties Sampras record in Little Rock
- Roddick wins title in Austin
- Thelma Coyne Long has passed away