Bluegrass Tennis Director Bill Riddle Named 2008 PTRTennesseePro of the Year
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) presented its annual awards this week during the 2008 PTR International Tennis Symposium. The event, which includes 60-plus on court and classroom presentations, a tennis trade show and $25,000 Championships is being held February 16-21, 2008, at Van der Meer Shipyard Racquet Club on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Bill Riddle, of Nashville, Tennessee, was named PTR Tennessee Pro of the Year for the State. PTR selects one member who has displayed the utmost in professionalism on and off the tennis court to be honored as State Member of the Year. Honorees are active in tennis in their communities and show dedication and service to PTR. Not all states have an honoree. Bill is the only two time state winner of this award since its inception in 2001 and serves as the Director of Tennis at the Bluegrass Yacht & Country Club and Head Tennis Coach at Cumberland University. He is also one of the selected PTR members to serve as a speaker at this years international symposium.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with 13,000 members in 126 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
Photo by Ken Mak: PTRCEO Dan Santorum presents award to Bill Riddle
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String