WTAWorld.com: The Australian Open
When: January 14th to January 27th
Where: Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia
Defending: Serena Williams
Combined Prize Money (Men, Doubles etc.): 20,000,000 AU
The 2008 Australian Open is underway in Melbourne, Australia. Defending champion Serena Williams will face a tough cast of challengers this year with the likes of World No. 1 Justine Henin who is ready to start off the year with a Grand Slam win in Australia. Other contenders who are also hungry for the title include: Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, Amelie Mauresmo of France, Venus Williams of the US, Maria Sharapova of Russia and a number of other rising tennis stars.
Will Serena be able to defend her title in Australia or will Justine Henin, the World’s No. 1 come out victorious?
Be sure to discuss your thoughts and predictions of the 2008 Australian Open at www.wtaworld.com.
Discussion link: http://wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1073
vBookie bet: http://wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1074
Enjoy the matches,
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Groppel receives PTR/TIA award
- Adams named PTR Pro of the Year
- PTR honors Haynie
- USPTA renews partnership with TGA
- Edin named PTR Newcomer of the Year
- Leicht named PTR College Coach of the Year
- PowerShares Series 2017 schedule
- USTA receives award
- Future of Tennis Forum scheduled
- ‘Tennis Industry Innovation Challenge’ at TOM