WTAWorld.com: The Australian Open
When: January 14th to January 27th
Where: Melbourne Park in Melbourne, Australia
Defending: Serena Williams
Combined Prize Money (Men, Doubles etc.): 20,000,000 AU
The 2008 Australian Open is underway in Melbourne, Australia. Defending champion Serena Williams will face a tough cast of challengers this year with the likes of World No. 1 Justine Henin who is ready to start off the year with a Grand Slam win in Australia. Other contenders who are also hungry for the title include: Ana Ivanovic of Serbia, Amelie Mauresmo of France, Venus Williams of the US, Maria Sharapova of Russia and a number of other rising tennis stars.
Will Serena be able to defend her title in Australia or will Justine Henin, the World’s No. 1 come out victorious?
Be sure to discuss your thoughts and predictions of the 2008 Australian Open at www.wtaworld.com.
Discussion link: http://wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1073
vBookie bet: http://wtaworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1074
Enjoy the matches,
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back
- Celebrate Int’l. Coaches Week