APTA Hall of Fame Inductions
January 9, 2008, Scarsdale, New York — Robert Brown, Chairman of the American Platform Tennis Association’s Hall of Fame Committee, announced the Hall of Fame inductees for 2008. David Kjeldsen, CEO of Viking Athletics, will be the seventieth recipient of this honor in the sports’ eighty year history.
Induction into the Platform Tennis Hall of Fame is the highest award that can be earned in the sport. It is presented to individuals who have achieved the distinction in the play of platform tennis and/or who have otherwise contributed to the growth, development and administration of the game through the Association. Recipients have also demonstrated a high level of integrity, sportsmanship, and consideration for others and thus earned the respect and admiration for their endeavors in platform tennis.
Induction ceremonies will take place at the APTA National Championships in Rochester in mid-March.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String