APTA Hall of Fame Inductions
January 9, 2008, Scarsdale, New York — Robert Brown, Chairman of the American Platform Tennis Association’s Hall of Fame Committee, announced the Hall of Fame inductees for 2008. David Kjeldsen, CEO of Viking Athletics, will be the seventieth recipient of this honor in the sports’ eighty year history.
Induction into the Platform Tennis Hall of Fame is the highest award that can be earned in the sport. It is presented to individuals who have achieved the distinction in the play of platform tennis and/or who have otherwise contributed to the growth, development and administration of the game through the Association. Recipients have also demonstrated a high level of integrity, sportsmanship, and consideration for others and thus earned the respect and admiration for their endeavors in platform tennis.
Induction ceremonies will take place at the APTA National Championships in Rochester in mid-March.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat tribute to Li Na
- JTCC partners with Tecnifibre
- 8th annual Wailea Tennis Fantasy Camp
- U.S. Davis Cup team fights for tournament spot
- NetSuite to name new glass squash court
- Martin joins TIA Board
- Martin elected CEO of ITHF
- New BNPPO website to enhance user experience
- Egyptians and Brits dominate FISU Squash
- Cilic hammers 17 aces in winning first major