USPTA Gives Grand Valley State University’s Wheelchair Tennis Team $2,000 Grant
The United States Professional Tennis Association presented a $2,000 grant to the first collegiate wheelchair tennis team at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Mich. USPTA first vice president, Tom Daglis, was on hand to present the check to the Rolling Lakers.
“We applied and requested funding because (wheelchair tennis) is a new program at Grand Valley,” said Lynn Bender, wheelchair tennis team program director. “We don’t have any pre-existing funding, so we are basically starting from scratch.”
The team applied for the grant several months ago and recently received a check for $2,000. The money will be used specifically for the team’s travel expenses.
The USPTA Foundation provides grants and donations to programs and organizations that strive to help economically disadvantaged people learn tennis. All proceeds from the annual USPTA silent auction held at the World Conference on Tennis go to the foundation.
For more information on this and other USPTA programs, please visit www.uspta.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA and Deloitte announce relationship
- The Bay Club to honor Patel
- USTA names Mahoney to new position
- Pant named National Director at Life Time
- Ashaway SuperNick ZX Micro
- USPTA and SportMaster unite
- Anderson receives Service Award
- HEAD Penn to partner with Cliff Drysdale
- USTA NE names official travel partner
- Ivanovic joins Playsight