Free Trial Now Available for USPTA Online Resource for High School Tennis Coaches
HOUSTON —The United States Professional Tennis Association is offering a one-day free trial of its recently launched Web site that features extensive resources to high school tennis coaches and others who work with high school tennis teams and players. USPTA developed the new site, at highschoolcoaches.uspta.com, to assist high school and other coaches who shape thousands of young tennis players each year. Its goal is to help coaches organize effective team practices for large groups.
Several great benefits of this site include:
- Team practice template. This can be modified with resources from the site with simple cut-and-paste options for various levels of players and for every type of practice session.
- Large library of drills and games. To be used in conjunction with the practice template, the drills and games can be pasted into the practice template. The drills are developed specifically for the team environment and help coaches keep large groups of players actively engaged on court.
- Video tips. One-minute tips demonstrate new approaches for teaching and observing your players during practices or matches. New tips are added regularly.
The site provides the ideal tools to promote “no-cut tennis” for high school teams by benefiting both new and experienced players, according to Jane Brown-Grimes, president of the United States Tennis Association.
“High school tennis plays a critical role in growing the game. We need to do all we can to provide high school coaches with the tools they need to run effective programs. The USPTA’s High School Coaches Resource Center will do just that. We are particularly excited about how this can help develop more ‘no-cut’ high school teams,” said Grimes.
The site, highschoolcoaches.uspta.com, represents possibly the largest collection of resources on teaching and playing tennis. The information comes from many sources, including almost four years worth of TV show productions for “On Court with USPTA™,” video recordings of both specialty courses and seminars from past USPTA World Conferences, audio seminars from past World Conferences, DVD productions from special events, including the USPTA Competitive Player Development Conferences, drills, games and more. The site is free to USPTA members and available through a subscription for non-USPTA members.
The high school resource site is one of seven sites hosted by USPTA. It will continue to evolve as new resources are added. To sign up for a one-day free trial, visit highschoolcoaches.uspta.com today. After your free trial, you may choose between two convenient subscription plans, each of which offers a five-day money back guarantee.
- Quarterly subscription is $35
- Annual subscription is $95, and yearly subscribers receive an education certificate and 2 USPTA education credits.
Many subscribers can get reimbursed by their employer/school since the Web site provides a continuing education opportunity.
FACT SHEET - USPTA High School Coaches Resource Center
Who: Coaches, whether full or part time, and those who work with large groups of tennis players and students all benefit from the information on the USPTA High School Coaches Resource Center site. It provides user-friendly resources with which coaches can plan and execute practices. Students benefit from organized instruction and the additional education imparted by their coaches.
What: The High School Coaches Resource Center is an online resource library hosted by the United States Professional Tennis Association. It includes:
- Team practice template
- USPTA Player Development Program
- Video tips
- Audio seminars
- Instructional DVDs
- Join USPTA
- ADDvantage magazine
- “On Court with USPTA™”
- U.S. Pro Tennis Shop
- The Tennis Channel
- College tennis management degrees
- College Tennis Online
- NCAA Clearinghouse
Where: highschoolcoaches.uspta.com. Follow the instructions to register.
How: The Web-based resources can be accessed by USPTA members for free and by non-USPTA members for a subscription fee. Some of the resources may be printed out and used as lesson plans or team practice ideas. Other links provide continuing education for teachers and coaches, and USPTA members may earn continuing education credits for viewing certain DVDs.
Why: USPTA has produced and collected more resources on teaching and playing tennis, at all levels, than any other organization in tennis. This site allows USPTA to share these resources with all teachers and coaches, especially those who work with high school students and teams. These resources also make team organization and practices more efficient and effective for coaches and players.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA announces new positions
- Rome Tennis Center grand opening
- ITHF courts dedicated
- Tecnifibre the official Citi Open stringer
- Tecnifibre: Official stringer of the Citi Open
- Carson wins 12th world title
- WTT Smash Hits returns to Caesars Palace
- US Open purse surpasses $46 million
- Snodgrass adds tennis division
- Chase to support 10 NJTL chapters