Ashaway Sponsors Christensen
Ashaway, RI — Ashaway Racket Strings has signed a multi-year sponsorship agreement with rising Danish badminton star Michael Christensen, the company has announced. The agreement marks the first time Ashaway has sponsored a major international player in Denmark, where badminton is the national sport.
“We’re very pleased to help support a rising player like Michael,” said Ashaway Vice President, Steve Crandall, “Ashaway has worked with many top players in Asia and the UK, and we are very pleased to contribute to Michael’s growth in Denmark where badminton and team competition is so strong.”
Michael Christensen plays first men’s singles at the Værløse Badminton Club which is currently ranked number 3 in the Danish premiere Badminton league. The 26-year-old right-hander is 6’ 31Ž2” tall and is currently ranked number 7 overall in Denmark. He recently won the Czech International and Portuguese International, and this year will play a full schedule of international events, including both the Danish and the French Open.
“Michael plays with Ashaway Flex® 21 Micro,” said Crandall. “This is the same string used by Gail Emms and Nathan Robertson, the World Champion British mixed doubles team. It’s a very good string for power players looking for both playability and superior durability. He is a very talented exciting player and we fully expect him to climb to the top of the rankings.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Fowler wins 2015 'Tennis Media Award'
- Drysdale Tennis launches foundation
- TV coverage of the clay-court season
- 'Try Tennis Free' campaign seeks growth
- Increase in hybrids driven by 'poly pain'
- USTA breaks ground in Lake Nona
- Team USA honors renowned coaches
- Blackman new GM, USTA Player Development
- Djokovic captures 5th Miami title
- Nominate an outstanding facility