The Prestige Continues Its Historical Run with MicroGEL Technology
PHOENIX, Ariz. — HEAD has launched a new tour racquet — the MicroGEL Prestige — one of the most popular tour racquets ever, HEAD’s legendary Prestige is now available with MicroGEL technology.
The Prestige was introduced in 1987 and has won every grand slam: Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open. Used by legends such as Leconte, Muster, Ivanisevic, and Kuertan the Prestige is now the #1 racquet on tour. Marat Safin, Gael Monfils, and Donald Young are currently using the new MicroGEL Prestige.
“In today’s fast-paced, aggressive game, competitive players need a racquet that provides ultimate feel,” said Kevin Kempin, vice president of sales and marketing, HEAD Penn Racquet Sports. “MicroGEL technology creates amazing response qualities and is wrapped up in cool-looking high-tech racquets.”
When combined with carbon composite fibers in the racquet head, MicroGEL deforms and compresses upon ball impact, uniformly absorbing and distributing the impact load around the entire frame, creating a rock-solid feel while offering extra stability against twisting.
The MicroGEL Prestige line will available in January of 2008 and include the following:
- MicroGEL Prestige MP: A mid-plus tour racquet providing outstanding touch and control for great playability.
- MicroGEL Prestige Mid: A tour racquet that has the extra stability which is ideal for serious heavy hitters.
- MicroGEL Prestige Pro: Ideal for the faster playing style of aggressive players. MicroGel provides outstanding feel, with an open string pattern and slightly heavier weight.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ITA HoF to induct four
- Collins, Shane headline Invitational
- Free tennis clinic in Central Park
- Academia Sánchez-Casal int’l program
- Harrison and Gibbs named MVPs
- TIA HoF to induct Scott & Kraft
- TIA tennis forum in NYC
- HEAD Penn grassroots partnership
- Introducing the Tecnifibre T-Fight DC
- PENN named ‘official ball’ of LPRT