Southern Division honored for USPTA Newsletter of the Year
October 2, 2007 — The “Standard,” the newsletter of the United States Professional Tennis Association Southern Division, has been named the 2007 USPTA Newsletter of the Year.
Southern Division President Jeff Hawes of Burlington, N.C., received the award during the United States Professional Tennis Association’s annual awards ceremony at the USPTA World Conference on Tennis, held September 20 at the Saddlebrook Resort in Wesley Chapel, Fla. Fred Burdick of Dalton, Ga., is the editor of the newsletter and the executive director of the Southern Division.
The newsletter of the year is selected from among newsletters published by USPTA’s 17 regional divisions in the United States. The Southern Division is made up of Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
“This division has made a major effort to increase the effectiveness of its newsletter as a key communications link with its members,” said USPTA CEO Tim Heckler. “It has truly raised the standard for newsletters with its unique layout, design updates and highly relevant content.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary