Midtown Clubs Design Adult and Performance Junior Curriculum
October 30, 2007 — Tennis Corporation of America (TCA)/Midtown Clubs has announced a partnership with Wayne Elderton, Course Facilitator for Tennis Canada, to develop exclusive Adult and Performance Junior curriculum for Midtown clubs.
Elderton recently introduced his “situation” Game Based Approach training program to more than 50 TCA/Midtown Club tennis professionals at a three day training October 16 – 18 at the company’s flagship Midtown Tennis Club in Chicago.
Midtown will have a 52 week lesson plan, broken into five sessions and macro cycles, for adults and juniors. This unique “situation” based methodology will allow Midtown members to reap the benefits of learning tactics in conjunction with technique in weekly progressions.
Ajay Pant, National Tennis Director for Midtown, said “we are excited to partner with internationally acclaimed GBA expert Wayne Elderton. Wayne’s expertise, coupled with Midtown’s relentless desire to improve our tennis offerings, is wonderful for the continued growth of our great sport.”
For more information on Midtown Clubs, visit www.midtown.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. Fed Cup fights for tournament spot
- USTA/PNW launches new summer programs
- Teachers Conference returns to US Open
- Tennis Channel partners with DISH
- Renowned coaches honored
- Key insights at T.O.M. conference
- Ware joins Tennis Channel
- Medical community supports the PHIT
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion