HEAD Introduces New Performance Tennis Footwear
Phoenix, AZ — HEAD is stepping into the tennis footwear business, giving the 50 million tennis players worldwide new performance options for all court surfaces and price points.
HEAD’s performance tennis footwear line will be available in January 2008 and will include a complete line for men and women. HEAD brings elegance and attractive aesthetics to this high performance footwear line that will launch with five models including the Prestige, Extreme, Tour, Fire and All Court, all of which incorporate comfort and different technologies to enhance and improve playing performance on varying surfaces.
“We have the engineering skills, the marketing, product expertise and worldwide distribution systems in place to enter this market in a quick and efficient manner,” said Johan Eliasch, Chairman and CEO of HEAD N.V.
The tennis footwear industry generated $510 million in sales worldwide in 2005 for competitors such as Wilson, Babolat, and Prince. With a sizeable market, current footwear sales exceed the total value of hard goods. HEAD will utilize synergies between their experienced global footwear sales and distribution network and channels to position the brand as a major player in the footwear industry. HEAD brings past experience and expertise to new tennis shoe line, creating the opportunity to become a multi-category tennis brand and one of the top five brands in the tennis footwear industry.
Technology is at the core of all of HEAD products and the new tennis footwear line is no different. HEAD introduces four new technologies that make their performance tennis footwear stand out from other brands:
- The HEAD CXG™ Comfort Grid technology provides superior traction, stability and shock absorption
- The HEAD Cooling System™ which creates “climate control” within the shoe by absorbing and releasing excess heat build-up
- The HEAD Radial Contact™ that ensures constant traction with maximum flexibility
- The HEAD Hybrasion™ offers a high abrasion rubber outsole technology that will ensure long wearing performance.
The footwear line is constructed with the highest quality materials while maintaining cutting edge design and a soft, lightweight feel. More importantly, the shoes are made to perform and stand up to even the most aggressive tennis player or court surface. The Extreme, Tour and Fire models are also available with a clay court outsole for maximum performance on clay.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USTA names paralympic wheelchair team
- Adcock and Langridge selected for Rio
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep
- USTA names National Junior Scholar athletes