Sean O'Brien Named Global Footwear Director for Wilson Racket Sports
CHICAGO — Wilson Sporting Goods announced today that Sean O’Brien has been named Global Footwear Director for Racquet Sports. In his new position, O’Brien will be responsible for all aspects of Wilson’s footwear development and marketing on a global level.
O’Brien comes to Wilson from New Balance where he was the Senior Product Manager for their tennis, walking and training footwear. He brings to Wilson a strong understanding of trade channel segmentation and footwear/product market positioning, combined with a passion and focus that will allow Wilson to grow their tennis & indoor footwear business in the US, as well as expanding Wilson’s growing position in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Wilson Racquet Sports is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods Co., one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products that help athletes of all levels perform better. Wilson’s core sport categories include: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, Youth Sports, Uniforms/Apparel, Golf, Footwear and Racquet Sports (Tennis, Racquetball, Squash, Badminton and Platform Tennis).
For more information, visit wilson.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary