Sean O'Brien Named Global Footwear Director for Wilson Racket Sports
CHICAGO — Wilson Sporting Goods announced today that Sean O’Brien has been named Global Footwear Director for Racquet Sports. In his new position, O’Brien will be responsible for all aspects of Wilson’s footwear development and marketing on a global level.
O’Brien comes to Wilson from New Balance where he was the Senior Product Manager for their tennis, walking and training footwear. He brings to Wilson a strong understanding of trade channel segmentation and footwear/product market positioning, combined with a passion and focus that will allow Wilson to grow their tennis & indoor footwear business in the US, as well as expanding Wilson’s growing position in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Wilson Racquet Sports is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods Co., one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products that help athletes of all levels perform better. Wilson’s core sport categories include: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, Youth Sports, Uniforms/Apparel, Golf, Footwear and Racquet Sports (Tennis, Racquetball, Squash, Badminton and Platform Tennis).
For more information, visit wilson.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award