WTA This Week: The Rogers Cup
When: August 11th to 19th
Where: Rexall Centre, Toronto, Canada
Defending Champion: Ana Ivanović
Purse: U.S. $1.34 Million
This weekend the Rogers Cup kicks off at the Rexall Centre in Toronto, Canada. This event comes but once in every two years to Toronto; the tournament alternates with the men’s event between Toronto and Montreal.
Last year, the young Serbian Ana Ivanović beat off stiff competition from the likes of Mary Pierce, Kim Clijsters and Martina Hingis. This time around the competition seems to have gotten that bit tougher; Ivanović will have to conquer World # 1, 2 & 3, Justine Henin, Maria Sharapova and Jelena Jankovic to hold onto her title.
With eight of the top 10 players on the WTA Tour attending, just how fierce will the competition get? Will Sharapova be out with a vengeance ahead of the US Open later this month? Will Henin continue the success of her already victorious season?
Be sure to log onto WTAworld.com official Rogers Cup discussion thread to discuss your thoughts and predictions.
See you Online!
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta