The New Babolat Drive Z 118 Launching August 2007
The Babolat Drive Z 118 tennis racquet is designed for club players looking for power and maneuverability. It is a lightweight, yet powerful racquet, and, with the addition of the Cortex technology, this is also an extremely comfortable racquet.
Three Key Technologies:
Cortex System — “Enjoy the pure feel”:
The Cortex System is the first technology customized to filter different vibrations. This exclusive Babolat material has the ability to filter and dampen. The handle and the frame of the racquet are linked by one interface in the C.D.S. (Cortex Dampening System), which allows the filter to absorb the unnecessary vibrations for a purer feel.
Smart Grip — “Comfort and control in your hand”:
This innovative ergonomic grip offers optimized contact between the grip and the hand.
- More power: less effort is needed when hitting the ball.
- More control: reduced handle twist when striking the ball, especially on two-hand backhands and volleys.
- More comfort: a truly natural grip delivering significant reduction of fatigue and stress points on the hand.
This is the optimal design to guarantee the best torsion resistance: +20% stiffer compared to a traditional beam. Better maneuverability, more power.
|Head size:||118 sq in|
|Weight:||255g / 8.9oz|
|Recommended Strings:||VS Natural Gut / Xcel premium|
|Technologies:||Cortex System (filtering & absorbing); Smart Grip; Elliptic geometry|
|Suggested Retail:||$229.00 (sold unstrung)|
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Pro introduces children to the magic of tennis
- TGA launches first franchise in Oregon
- Longacre named acting head pro
- Five enshrined in ITHF
- Hewitt and Sock into Newport semifinals
- Groth and Karlovic into Newport semifinals
- Hall of Fame Championships quarterfinals
- US Open prize money to increase
- Velocity app: Hands-free speed radar
- NO.1VAK - HEAD's exclusive interview