Prince Continues Momentum Through Second Quarter
Bordentown, NJ — Prince Sports continued it’s strong momentum through second quarter, increasing market share over year end 2006 AND having the #1 hottest new racquet, the O3 Speedport Red, according to the YTD June 2007 Specialty Store Retail Audit conducted by Sports Marketing Surveys and the Tennis Industry Association. In addition to the #1 Hottest Selling Racquet, dealers again have given Prince their vote as the #1 brand in Product Innovation in the Early Season 2007 Dealer Racquet Report.
The First Half SMS/TIA report and the Early Season Dealer Racquet Report show Prince’s lead in the following areas:
- A total of three top ten hot new racquets for the first half of the year, including the O3 Speedport Red, O3 Speedport Silver and O3 Speedport Blue, which makes all three January Speedport introductions top ten in the Hottest New Racquet Category.
- Four of the top ten best sellers, ranked by year-to-date dollars, including the O3 White, O3 Speedport Red, O3 Speedport Silver and O3 Speedport Blue.
- #1 Technology (O3) in premium segment dollar sales in the US (and most parts of the world).
- Ranked #1 in Field Sales Reps and Product Availability.
- O3 Technology had the highest perceived benefit to the consumer.
Prince has close to 100 touring pros playing O3 technology with over 250 wins on tour. Eleven of the top ten singles and doubles players on the Men’s and Women’s tour play with O3. Prince recently signed Mike and Bob Bryan, the #1 doubles team in the world. Mike and Bob both play with the recently introduced O3 Speedport Black featuring the new Speedport Tuning System.
In addition to the continued success in racquets, the 2nd Quarter SMS/TIA Specialty Retail Audit shows Prince’s continued momentum in string. Prince holds the #1 market share position and has the #1 selling string, Synthetic Gut with Duraflex, which has an overwhelming 13.5% share. Synthetic Gut is going on its 6th year as the #1 selling string!
The momentum in footwear also continues as M Series, with exclusive Precision Tube Technology, makes a move with two models among the top ten best selling shoes. The First Half and Early Season data show the momentum in footwear:
- Four models in the top ten ranked by year-to-date dollars (T10, MV4, MC4 and Scream II)
- Voted #1 in overall company rating, according to the 2007 Early Season Dealer Report.
- Voted #1 in field sales reps, in-house customer service and product delivery according to the ES Dealer Report.
In Japan, YANO Data confirms Prince is #1 in Unit Share and Value Share for the rolling 12 month period through April 2007. Globally, Prince continues to dominate the premium segment with O3 Technology. The O3 White, Maria Sharapova’s racquet of choice, is a top selling model in the premium category on a global basis.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- WTT ‘Poised For Next Phase of Growth,’ Says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award
- Arthur Ashe Stadium roof ‘topped off’
- Murray teams up with Seedrs
- Macatee joins USTA Foundation BoD
- Special guests at Rolex HoF enshrinement