Dunlop Star Tommy Robredo Captures 5th Career ATP Title
SOPOT, POLAND — Dunlop star Tommy Robredo of Spain earned a straight-set victory over Argentina’s Jose Acasuso to take the title at the Orange Prokom Open on Sunday in Sopot, Poland.
Playing with the Dunlop Aerogel 3HUNDRED, the second-seeded Robredo won 7-5, 6-0, for his first ATP singles title of 2007 and his second championship at this event. Robredo also took the title at the Orange Prokom Open in 2001.
Ranked # 7 in the world, Robredo notched his fifth career ATP title — all of them on clay — and did so with dominating play, especially in the second set in which he lost only six points.
“Tommy’s consistent success speaks not only to his talent as a player but also to the work he puts in every day,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop’s General Manager of Racquet Sports. “He brings a lot of pride to all of us at Dunlop and we know his presence at the top of the rankings will continue.”
Dunlop Sport has four players in the ATP Top 12 — more than any other brand — all playing with the exciting Dunlop Aerogel design and technology that continues to earn rave reviews from amateurs, teaching pros and professionals alike. The Dunlop Tour Team includes: Tommy Robredo (7th), James Blake (9th), Tomas Berdych (10th), and Tommy Haas (12th), plus female standout Alicia Molik.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- WTT ‘Poised For Next Phase of Growth,’ Says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award
- Arthur Ashe Stadium roof ‘topped off’
- Murray teams up with Seedrs
- Macatee joins USTA Foundation BoD
- Special guests at Rolex HoF enshrinement