Tennis Industry Service Award: Randy Futty
When it comes to tennis courts, it’s hard to find someone with more knowledge than Randy Futty. The vice president of business development for California Sports Surfaces — the maker of DecoTurf — Futty has also held key roles with Har-Tru and Connor Sport Court.
But whether tackling the challenges of the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center or revitalizing school courts in a small town, Futty brings a passion to this sport few can match. That’s a key reason he’s our 2016 Tennis Industry Service Award winner.
Futty’s dedication also comes through in his volunteer work. He’s spent more than a decade on the board of the American Sports Builders Association. He’s served on and chaired the USTA Technical Committee and now he serves on the USTA Public Parks Committee. He’s also volunteered with Special Olympics in Virginia, where he lives. “I learned early on that you need to give back,” Futty says. “Volunteering — and advocacy for this game and this industry — is important at all levels.”
See all articles by Peter Francesconi
About the Author
Peter Francesconi is editorial director of Tennis Industry magazine.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Take Full Advantage
- Industry News
- Junior Tournaments: Playing for Time
- GrassrootsTennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Futures Market
- RacquetTech: Proper Grip Installation
- Frame Outlook 2017: Frames in Mind
- Shoe Outlook 2017: Stepping Forward
- String Outlook 2017: Educational Initiative
- Apparel Outlook 2017: Mixed Company