Private Facility of the year: Sea Colony Tennis Club
By Kent Oswald
Like many resort communities, the Sea Colony Tennis Club in Bethany Beach, Del., has first-rate playing options and programs. Its 34 hard, clay and indoor courts run clinics, lessons, and tournaments for all playing levels, and the club has a half-mile private beach, multiple pools and a recently renovated fitness center.
What earns Sea Colony accolades as our Private Facility of the Year is its atmosphere. As Director of Tennis Thomas Johnston explains, “You always hear people say, ‘Everybody is welcomed here.’ Well, that’s the whole idea!” Johnston’s goals are that participants have fun and learn something new in a welcoming environment.
As Maiysha Warren, USTA National Manager, Tennis Facilities and Development, explains, “I talk with many people about facilities around the country. Rarely is the praise as unanimous as it is concerning Sea Colony.”
See all articles by Kent Oswald
About the Author
Kent Oswald is a contributor to TennisNow.com, producer at the JockBookReview.com and a former editor of Tennis Week magazine.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Take Full Advantage
- Industry News
- Junior Tournaments: Playing for Time
- GrassrootsTennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Futures Market
- RacquetTech: Proper Grip Installation
- Frame Outlook 2017: Frames in Mind
- Shoe Outlook 2017: Stepping Forward
- String Outlook 2017: Educational Initiative
- Apparel Outlook 2017: Mixed Company