Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year: Game-Set-Match
Game-Set-Match’s string of stores has been servicing the greater Denver area since 1989 — proof that brick-and-mortar is alive and well.
To Adam Burbary and his talented staff, it’s all about connecting with the customer and providing the best service. Years of studying buyer behavior have honed his skills and kept the retailer agile and adept at figuring out what works.
With an array of racquets and apparel, stringing while you wait and the option to drop off racquets for customers who can’t make it to the store, Game-Set-Match is a sought-after commodity in the retail business. Aside from daily business, the store participates in fundraisers, donates to kids’ programs and sponsors the Intermountain Tennis Association’s playoffs.
“It comes down to relationships and making the deal,” Burbary says. “It’s not always about volume, but about growing the business.”
See all articles by Cynthia Sherman
About the Author
Cynthia Sherman is a contributing editor for Tennis Industry magazine.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Clarity and Simplicity
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Stringing Blind
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Player Ratings: Leveling the Field
- Building Our Future
- 2017 Racquet Selector: Finding the Perfect Fit
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Soft Serve
- Stringing Machine Review: Tourna 600-ES