Builder/Contractor of the Year: Court One
Maybe there is something to the power of three. After all, it says something when a company has been in business for more than three decades, covers a three-state area and has three Certified Tennis Court Builders (CTCB) on staff.
No matter how you look at it, North Carolina-based Court One is one of the region’s largest tennis and recreational court builders, specializing in both construction and renovation. The company’s projects have been honored by both the American Sports Builders Association (ASBA) and the USTA.
Court One also gives back to this industry. President Gerry Wright, a CTCB, has served as chairman of the ASBA and remains very active in the organization.
“It’s important to understand who you’re talking to and what they want,” Wright says of his customers. “You need to make every effort to deliver a high degree of professionalism at a fair price.”
See all articles by Mary Helen Sprecher
About the Author
Mary Helen Sprecher is the managing editor of Sports Destinations Management Magazine, a niche business-to-business publication for planners of sports travel events, in addition to being an RSI Contributing Editor. She is the technical writer for the American Sports Builders Association and works as a newspaper reporter in Baltimore City.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Industry News
- Executive Point: Dr. Jack Groppel
- Social Media: Video Frequency
- 2016 Tennis Industry magazine Champions of Tennis
- Person of the year: Don Tisdel
- Tennis Industry Service Award: Randy Futty
- Private Facility of the year: Sea Colony Tennis Club
- Grassroots Champion of the Year: Scott Hanover
- Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year: Game-Set-Match
- Municipal Tennis Facility of the Year: Oklahoma City Tennis Center