CTA of the Year: San Antonio Tennis Association
Every year, the San Antonio Tennis Association (SATA) reaches more than 10,000 people with its array of tennis programming and events for all ages and abilities. SATA also works closely with the city’s Parks & Rec Department, as well as schools, clubs and other tennis organizations in the surrounding area — all to help spread the game to more people.
In both 2015 and 2016, SATA was named USTA Texas Community Tennis Association of the Year. This year, the organization adds Tennis Industry’s CTA of the Year honors.
Led by President Debbie Grieder and Executive Director Roger Ojeda, SATA invested time and resources into revitalizing the hub of tennis for the community, the McFarlin Tennis Facility. Those efforts have paid off by improving relationships with the city, school districts and miltary, among other local groups.
“SATA has had great success in revitalizing San Antonio’s tennis scene and growing this sport overall,” says USTA Texas Executive Director Van Barry.
— Todd Carlson
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Clarity and Simplicity
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Stringing Blind
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Player Ratings: Leveling the Field
- Building Our Future
- 2017 Racquet Selector: Finding the Perfect Fit
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Soft Serve
- Stringing Machine Review: Tourna 600-ES