Tennis Sales Rep of the Year: Tim Miles
By Kent Oswald
Sales is not always about selling. At its highest levels it is just as much about sharing. Or at least it is as practiced by Tim Miles, our Sales Rep of the Year.
Babolat’s North Florida rep doesn’t serve his territory by blindly pitching products, or selling in a way that only benefits his own interests. Rather, he does so by “trying to figure out strengths and weaknesses and inform as much as learn,” according to Miles. “It’s important to understand what the [store owner’s] goal is, what their long-term vision is, and how we can make that shop as profitable as possible.”
“Tim is always trying to find ways to help his accounts grow their customer base and their business,” says Regional Sales Manager David Dwelle, and it’s an advocacy that extends beyond the Babolat brand and its customers. “I’ve worked with Tim for eight years and he is constantly sending in ideas to help grow the game of tennis.”
See all articles by Kent Oswald
About the Author
Kent Oswald is a contributor to TennisNow.com, producer at the JockBookReview.com and a former editor of Tennis Week magazine.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Take Full Advantage
- Industry News
- Junior Tournaments: Playing for Time
- GrassrootsTennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Futures Market
- RacquetTech: Proper Grip Installation
- Frame Outlook 2017: Frames in Mind
- Shoe Outlook 2017: Stepping Forward
- String Outlook 2017: Educational Initiative
- Apparel Outlook 2017: Mixed Company