Youth Tennis Provider of the Year: Sammy Giammalva
Sammy Giammalva’s visionary style to expand the game of tennis started with the purchase of a fading tennis club in northwest Houston 16 years ago. The former No. 28-ranked ATP player took his mission directly to this community of vibrant, young families, who would make the Giammalva Racquet Club their home.
Giammalva was successful in growing the game locally in part because of his implementation of school-related programs, such as on-site support for PE teachers and after-school tennis. They not only brought tennis to new youth players, but also benefitted by adding dozens of new family memberships to the club during its first year.
“Sammy is an example of one who truly understands the value of local programs for their community,” says USTA Texas Executive Director Van Barry.
— Todd Carlson
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Take Full Advantage
- Industry News
- Junior Tournaments: Playing for Time
- GrassrootsTennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Futures Market
- RacquetTech: Proper Grip Installation
- Frame Outlook 2017: Frames in Mind
- Shoe Outlook 2017: Stepping Forward
- String Outlook 2017: Educational Initiative
- Apparel Outlook 2017: Mixed Company