Park & Rec Agency of the Year: COR Tennis/Reading Rec Commission
At a time when many parks and recreation departments are cutting budgets and programs, COR Tennis & the Reading (Pa.) Recreation Commission has helped tennis thrive through the power of community partnerships.
Starting small in 1998, COR provided staff to conduct USTA school tennis assemblies. From there, COR expanded outreach to local schools, businesses and clubs, with support from tennis retailer Fromuth.
COR Tennis Director Larry Zerbe has been instrumental. “Larry sets high expectations for staff and players,” says Renee Lenz, tennis service rep for USTA Middle States. “He develops great tennis players, but, more importantly, he develops great kids.”
Today, the courts in Reading are filled with families, a testament to the positive impact COR Tennis continues to have.
— Peg Connor
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Clarity and Simplicity
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Stringing Blind
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Player Ratings: Leveling the Field
- Building Our Future
- 2017 Racquet Selector: Finding the Perfect Fit
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Soft Serve
- Stringing Machine Review: Tourna 600-ES