High School Coach of the Year: Mark Faber
USPTA Elite Professional Mark Faber is not only head tennis coach at Toledo St. Francis High School in Ohio, he’s also director of tennis at Twos Athletic Club and serves as vice president of the Ohio Tennis Coaches Association.
Faber has been a no-cut coach for 22 years, and he helped create a program at his club that allows high school teams to practice during the off-season, without memberships. “Over the past three years, we’ve also created several fun, out-of-the-norm events geared toward the needs of high school students,” says Faber.
Faber also serves on the USTA’s national High School Task Force. “Mark’s undying commitment and his leadership on the Task Force has helped develop a clear vision for enhancing high school tennis,” says Glenn Arrington, director of high school tennis for the USTA.
— Tracy Maymon
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Repair and Replace
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Taking Stock
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Give Them a Show
- Facility Management: Wage Differential
- Guide to Strings: Educational Initiative
- Home of American Tennis — Open For Business!
- Court Lighting: Light Reaction