Likes Advocacy Message
Great “Our Serve” column about advocacy in the July issue. I agree 100 percent with you. Keep beating the drum.
Bruce A. Hunt
I want to say “thank you” for your article on advocacy in the July issue. It was definitely a breath of fresh air to know you see the need for the initiative. The USTA Texas Advocacy Committee has some of our most experienced and strongest volunteers. I was given this responsibility in January and have enjoyed it ever since.
Assistant Director — Community Development
USTA Texas Section
Service to the Industry
As an avid reader of Tennis Industry (and a sometimes contributor), I’d like to mention how well this magazine serves the tennis business. The addition of the USPTA content in every issue, along with the vast array of subjects covered, are helping all of us to become better educated tennis advocates. Congrats for doing such a great job, and I hope this format allows the magazine to continue to grow and provide great service to the industry.
Tennis Priorities Company
Adidas Clarifies Ruling:
No U.S. 3rd-Party Sales
We would like to clarify an item that ran in the August issue’s “Industry News” section. The legal ruling in Germany about Adidas opening up sales to online channels only applies to sales in Europe, not in the U.S. or other parts of the world.
“In the U.S., we have not changed our policy and we will not allow third-party sales of our product, as we want to be sure that our product is being sold via our quality retail dealer networks,” a U.S. Adidas official told us. — The Editors
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Industry News
- Executive Point: Dr. Jack Groppel
- Social Media: Video Frequency
- 2016 Tennis Industry magazine Champions of Tennis
- Person of the year: Don Tisdel
- Tennis Industry Service Award: Randy Futty
- Private Facility of the year: Sea Colony Tennis Club
- Grassroots Champion of the Year: Scott Hanover
- Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year: Game-Set-Match
- Municipal Tennis Facility of the Year: Oklahoma City Tennis Center