Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Singular Sensation
This hard court in Florida is a residential facility winner.
Delray Beach, Fla.
(Nominated by Welch Tennis Courts Inc.)
Specialty Contractor: Welch Tennis Courts Inc.
Surface: Deco Color MP
Nets, Posts: Welch Tennis Courts Inc.
In 2012, two residential courts were honored with Racquet Sports Industry/American Sports Builders Association Facility-of-the-Year Awards. One, a red-clay court at a residence in Boca Raton, Fla., was honored in our February issue as an “Outstanding” award winner.
Our second residential winner, a hard court next to the water in Delray Beach, Fla., shown here, is a “Distinguished Facility of the Year” winner. The asphalt court is new construction, painted in blue with green outside the lines — a color combination that has been increasingly popular in the U.S. due to the color of the courts at the US Open. The fence around the court has angled corners, making it easier to retrieve balls. The contractor, who said they encountered no problems building the court, installed storm-water retention in the landscaped areas, and six light fixtures for night play.
For details on the 2013 Outstanding Facility-of-the-Year Awards, contact the ASBA at 866-501-ASBA or email@example.com, or visit sportsbuilders.org.
See all articles by Peter Francesconi
About the Author
Peter Francesconi is editorial director of RSI magazine.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Our Guiding Lights
- Industry news
- ‘Coach Youth Tennis’ Hits A Winner with Providers
- Pioneers in Tennis: The Wit and Warmth of Vic Braden
- Person of the Year: Bahram Akradi
- Private Facility of the Year: Army Navy Country Club
- Stringer of the Year: David Yamane
- Builder of the Year: Trans Texas Tennis
- Sales Rep of the Year: Allan Iverson
- Tennis Advocate of the Year: Shima and Joe Grover