Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Singular Sensation
This hard court in Florida is a residential facility winner.
Delray Beach, Fla.
(Nominated by Welch Tennis Courts Inc.)
Specialty Contractor: Welch Tennis Courts Inc.
Surface: Deco Color MP
Nets, Posts: Welch Tennis Courts Inc.
In 2012, two residential courts were honored with Racquet Sports Industry/American Sports Builders Association Facility-of-the-Year Awards. One, a red-clay court at a residence in Boca Raton, Fla., was honored in our February issue as an “Outstanding” award winner.
Our second residential winner, a hard court next to the water in Delray Beach, Fla., shown here, is a “Distinguished Facility of the Year” winner. The asphalt court is new construction, painted in blue with green outside the lines — a color combination that has been increasingly popular in the U.S. due to the color of the courts at the US Open. The fence around the court has angled corners, making it easier to retrieve balls. The contractor, who said they encountered no problems building the court, installed storm-water retention in the landscaped areas, and six light fixtures for night play.
For details on the 2013 Outstanding Facility-of-the-Year Awards, contact the ASBA at 866-501-ASBA or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit sportsbuilders.org.
See all articles by Peter Francesconi
About the Author
Peter Francesconi is editorial director of Tennis Industry magazine.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Eye on the Ball
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: For Easy Grommet Installation, It’s About Finesse, Not Force
- Retailing 140: Understanding and Measuring Conversion
- Tennis Industry Hall of Fame: Peter Burwash Honored As Industry HOF Inductee
- US Open: Raising the Roof!
- Tennis Teaching Pros: Tennis Director of the Future
- The Passionate Player: The Tennis Congress Cure
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!