Find What You Need at ASBA Website
The old commercial for the Yellow Pages used to advise would-be shoppers, “Let your fingers do the walking.” The new way of commerce is, of course, e-shopping, which gives your fingers a break and lets the mouse do all the work.
So when your tennis court or facility is showing its age, or you need a new net or windscreen, or just want someone to come in and refresh your soft courts, it doesn’t make sense to take a step backward and grab the Yellow Pages. It’s time to go to your computer and find a professional.
The American Sports Builders Association, the national association of sports facility designers, builders and suppliers, has a search feature on its website, sportsbuilders.org, that allows you to find professionals, products or advice quickly and easily.
- On the left side of the home page, select either “Find a Design Professional” or “Find a Builder/Manufacturer.”
- Information on design professionals will come up in an alphabetized list that includes addresses, website and e-mail links, and other contact information.
- Builder/manufacturer requests will take users to a list with several variables. Users can select from an interactive map (if trying to find someone in their area), or can use keywords, which might include a product name, an item sought or even the name of a company or individual the user has heard about.
- If seeking a Certified Tennis Court Builder, start from the sportsbuilders.org home page, and on the left side click on “Certified Tennis Court Builder.”
As always, users are advised to check references or other information before working with any company or individual.
The American Sports Builders Association (ASBA) is a non-profit association helping designers, builders, owners, operators and users understand quality sports facility construction. The ASBA sponsors informative meetings and publishes newsletters, books and technical construction guidelines for athletic facilities including tennis courts. Available at no charge is a listing of all publications offered by the Association, as well as the ASBA’s Membership Directory. 866-501-ASBA (2722) or sportsbuilders.org
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Industry News
- Executive Point: Dr. Jack Groppel
- Social Media: Video Frequency
- 2016 Tennis Industry magazine Champions of Tennis
- Person of the year: Don Tisdel
- Tennis Industry Service Award: Randy Futty
- Private Facility of the year: Sea Colony Tennis Club
- Grassroots Champion of the Year: Scott Hanover
- Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year: Game-Set-Match
- Municipal Tennis Facility of the Year: Oklahoma City Tennis Center