Annual Awards: Champions of Tennis 2009
Help us recognize the people and organizations that are making a difference in the business of tennis.
Once again, we’d like to honor the champions of our sport — the many, often unheralded heroes who work tirelessly to develop tennis in the U.S. But once again, we need your help in identifying these men, women and organizations and how their accomplishments have helped the game, whether in their local areas or nationally.
Please take a look at the categories below and email your nominations to RSI@racquettech.com (put “Champions” in the subject line). Include:
- Nominee’s name;
- Where he works or what he does related to tennis;
- Phone or email (if possible);
- Brief description of why you believe he is the champions in their areas;
- Your name and contact information (for confirmation purposes only).
All nominations will be confidential, and you may nominate for as many categories as you’d like. And, if there’s a category that we don’t list that you think we should include, please let us know.
We need your nominations by Sept. 30. Email is preferred, but you may fax them to 760-536-1171 or mail them to: Racquet Sports Industry, 75 Painter Hill Rd., Woodbury, CT 06798.
In an upcoming issue, we’ll include a special section acknowledging the dedication of those who work to keep tennis vital in the U.S.
2009 Champions of Tennis Categories
- Person of the Year
- Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year
- Chain Retailer/Mass Merchant of the Year
- Stringer of the Year
- Builder/Contractor of the Year
- Grassroots Champion of the Year
- Junior Development Champion of the Year
- Sales Rep of the Year
- Wheelchair Tennis Champion of the Year
- Municipal Facility of the Year
- Private Facility of the Year
- Public Park of the Year
- Community Tennis Association of the Year
- High School Coach of the Year
- USTA Section of the Year
- PTR Member of the Year
- USPTA Member of the Year
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Playtest: Tecnifibre Black Code 4S 17
- Our Serve: The Next Chapters
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Maintain Your Investment
- Retailing 137: The Power of ‘Hello’
- 2015 Tennis Summit: Industry Addresses Major Issues and Concerns
- Footwear: Kicking It Up
- The Evolution of Poly Strings
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Solid Solutions
- Your Serve: Fix Your Delivery!