Stringing Service Article Wins Praise
When I received my June RSI, I read it from cover to cover immediately. Though I always enjoy reading and learning something from your publication, this one had some of the best articles I’ve seen. In particular, thanks to Tony Taverna for his article, “First-String Service,” and for the “What Technologies Are You Selling?” piece. Many thanks!
I just wanted to say that Tony Taverna’s article is an excellent summary of the service aspects of racquet stringing. For anyone in the racquet stringing business, this article is a great learning tool and an excellent reminder of the important points to cover when assisting customers.
In addition, I very much agree with his point to “take a string-bed stiffness reading after every string job.” It is an excellent tool to help a customer when they return later to ask if they should have their racquet restrung. One can show the customer exactly how much the string-bed has softened, therefore giving the customer a proven reason to have their racquet restrung. Thank you for the article, and this very good issue of RSI.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Take Full Advantage
- Industry News
- Junior Tournaments: Playing for Time
- GrassrootsTennis: Play It Forward!
- Retailing Tip: Futures Market
- RacquetTech: Proper Grip Installation
- Frame Outlook 2017: Frames in Mind
- Shoe Outlook 2017: Stepping Forward
- String Outlook 2017: Educational Initiative
- Apparel Outlook 2017: Mixed Company