Stringing Service Article Wins Praise
When I received my June RSI, I read it from cover to cover immediately. Though I always enjoy reading and learning something from your publication, this one had some of the best articles I’ve seen. In particular, thanks to Tony Taverna for his article, “First-String Service,” and for the “What Technologies Are You Selling?” piece. Many thanks!
I just wanted to say that Tony Taverna’s article is an excellent summary of the service aspects of racquet stringing. For anyone in the racquet stringing business, this article is a great learning tool and an excellent reminder of the important points to cover when assisting customers.
In addition, I very much agree with his point to “take a string-bed stiffness reading after every string job.” It is an excellent tool to help a customer when they return later to ask if they should have their racquet restrung. One can show the customer exactly how much the string-bed has softened, therefore giving the customer a proven reason to have their racquet restrung. Thank you for the article, and this very good issue of RSI.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Try It, You’ll Like It …
- Industry News
- RacquetTech: Weave Your Way to Consistency
- Retailing 136: Your Path to Profits
- Junior Play: Team Spirit
- Racquet Service: It’s Time for A Tune-Up
- Apparel Trends: High-Tech Fabrics Take Performance to a Higher Level
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Soft Goods
- Racquet Selection: Finding the Perfect Fit