Letters: In praise of tennis
I just read Paula Hale’s “Your Serve” in the April issue of RSI and was very pleased with the kind words about our CTA, Brandon (S.D.) Tennis Association. I couldn’t agree with you more about the wonderful aspects of having a CTA in your community.
In my opinion, tennis is the best sport a community can sponsor. A lifelong sport, it also blurs the barriers between age, income and gender. All can play together and that’s the best thing about it.
It is one of the few activities that allows me to connect with my teenage daughter in a mutually enjoyable moment. My wife, daughter, son and I all play tennis and now that our two children are on the high-school teams, it has been even more fun to play together.
Thanks for all you do and all you’ve done to support tennis.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Stating the Case for Tennis
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: Use Care When Sharing
- Retailing Tip: Service With a Smile
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Executive Point: Craig Morris
- Hall of Fame: Honoring Gene Scott & Eve Kraft
- Facility Construction & Renovation: A Grand Slam Transformation
- Apparel: Fashion Fallout