Letters: In praise of tennis
I just read Paula Hale’s “Your Serve” in the April issue of RSI and was very pleased with the kind words about our CTA, Brandon (S.D.) Tennis Association. I couldn’t agree with you more about the wonderful aspects of having a CTA in your community.
In my opinion, tennis is the best sport a community can sponsor. A lifelong sport, it also blurs the barriers between age, income and gender. All can play together and that’s the best thing about it.
It is one of the few activities that allows me to connect with my teenage daughter in a mutually enjoyable moment. My wife, daughter, son and I all play tennis and now that our two children are on the high-school teams, it has been even more fun to play together.
Thanks for all you do and all you’ve done to support tennis.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- String Playtest: Head Gravity
- Our Serve: Our Guiding Lights
- Industry news
- ‘Coach Youth Tennis’ Hits A Winner with Providers
- Pioneers in Tennis: The Wit and Warmth of Vic Braden
- Person of the Year: Bahram Akradi
- Private Facility of the Year: Army Navy Country Club
- Stringer of the Year: David Yamane
- Builder of the Year: Trans Texas Tennis
- Sales Rep of the Year: Allan Iverson