Navratilova headlines USTA Conference
Hundreds of tennis coaches, instructors, and professionals will again gather in New York City on the eve of the US Open to network, share knowledge, and watch some of the best tennis in the world as the USTA hosts the 37th annual Tennis Teachers Conference Aug. 25 to 28 at the Grand Hyatt New York.
This year’s theme, “Working Smart, Working Together,” promotes the idea of presenting the latest techniques and technologies to teachers and coaches. Tennis legend Martina Navratilova will be the keynote speaker at the opening session, sharing the greatest moments in her career and discussing coaching techniques and the importance of fitness and nutrition.
Other top speakers include Tom Gullikson, former U.S. Davis Cup captain, Olympic coach and personal coach to Jennifer Capriati; Bruce Elliott, internationally renowned Australian bio-mechanist; and Wayne Bryan, national clinician and father of top U.S. men’s doubles team Mike and Bob Bryan. USTA programs, such as Jr. Team Tennis and the Schools program, will be featured along with the newest initiative, Project 36/60.
TTC sessions cover coaching skills, strategy and tactics, tennis techniques, health sciences, and the tennis business. Events are held both at the Grand Hyatt and the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. Anyone who has an interest in coaching or teaching tennis is welcome to attend.
For more information or to register, visit usta.com/ttc.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Eye on the Ball
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: For Easy Grommet Installation, It’s About Finesse, Not Force
- Retailing 140: Understanding and Measuring Conversion
- Tennis Industry Hall of Fame: Peter Burwash Honored As Industry HOF Inductee
- US Open: Raising the Roof!
- Tennis Teaching Pros: Tennis Director of the Future
- The Passionate Player: The Tennis Congress Cure
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!