Martina Navratilova Headlines USTA Tennis Teachers Conference
Hundreds of tennis coaches, instructors, and professionals will again gather in New York City on the eve of the US Open to network, share knowledge, and watch some of the best tennis in the world as the USTA hosts the 37th annual Tennis Teachers Conference Aug. 25 to 28 at the Grand Hyatt New York.
This year’s theme, “Working Smart, Working Together,” promotes the idea of presenting the latest techniques and technologies to teachers and coaches. Tennis legend Martina Navratilova will be the keynote speaker at the opening session, sharing the greatest moments in her career and discussing coaching techniques and the importance of fitness and nutrition.
Other top speakers include Tom Gullikson, former U.S. Davis Cup captain, Olympic coach and personal coach to Jennifer Capriati; Bruce Elliott, internationally renowned Australian bio-mechanist; and Wayne Bryan, national clinician and father of top U.S. men’s doubles team Mike and Bob Bryan. USTA programs, such as Jr. Team Tennis and the Schools program, will be featured along with the newest initiative, Project 36/60.
TTC sessions cover coaching skills, strategy and tactics, tennis techniques, health sciences, and the tennis business. Events are held both at the Grand Hyatt and the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. Anyone who has an interest in coaching or teaching tennis is welcome to attend.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Our Guiding Lights
- Industry news
- ‘Coach Youth Tennis’ Hits A Winner with Providers
- Pioneers in Tennis: The Wit and Warmth of Vic Braden
- Person of the Year: Bahram Akradi
- Private Facility of the Year: Army Navy Country Club
- Stringer of the Year: David Yamane
- Builder of the Year: Trans Texas Tennis
- Sales Rep of the Year: Allan Iverson
- Tennis Advocate of the Year: Shima and Joe Grover