Martina Navratilova Headlines USTA Tennis Teachers Conference
Hundreds of tennis coaches, instructors, and professionals will again gather in New York City on the eve of the US Open to network, share knowledge, and watch some of the best tennis in the world as the USTA hosts the 37th annual Tennis Teachers Conference Aug. 25 to 28 at the Grand Hyatt New York.
This year’s theme, “Working Smart, Working Together,” promotes the idea of presenting the latest techniques and technologies to teachers and coaches. Tennis legend Martina Navratilova will be the keynote speaker at the opening session, sharing the greatest moments in her career and discussing coaching techniques and the importance of fitness and nutrition.
Other top speakers include Tom Gullikson, former U.S. Davis Cup captain, Olympic coach and personal coach to Jennifer Capriati; Bruce Elliott, internationally renowned Australian bio-mechanist; and Wayne Bryan, national clinician and father of top U.S. men’s doubles team Mike and Bob Bryan. USTA programs, such as Jr. Team Tennis and the Schools program, will be featured along with the newest initiative, Project 36/60.
TTC sessions cover coaching skills, strategy and tactics, tennis techniques, health sciences, and the tennis business. Events are held both at the Grand Hyatt and the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. Anyone who has an interest in coaching or teaching tennis is welcome to attend.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Playtest: Yonex PolyTour Spin G 125
- Our Serve: Tennis, and the Top 20 Fitness Trends
- Industry News
- Customer Service: Simplify The Selection of a New Racquet
- Facility Operations: Simple Secrets to Superior Service and Sales
- Retailing 135: Back to Basics!
- Executive Point: Steve Simon, Tournament Director, BNP Paribas Open
- Recreational Play: ROG Balls and Shorter Courts Aren’t Just for Kids!
- Facility Manager’s Manual: Behavior Modification?
- Outlook 2015: Racquets — It’s All about the Fit