Lever 2000 Launches Grassroots Promotions
Lever 2000, the lead sponsor of the US Open Series, will conduct one of the largest tennis promotions in history, intended to challenge Americans of all ages to “raise the game” on physical fitness, says the USTA.
The promotion includes a free tennis lesson offer on more than 2 million specially-marked packages of Lever 2000 Bar Soap through September 2007 and an on-line reality webisode series featuring four amateur teams competing on US Open Center Court.
Tennis fans can receive a free tennis lesson by purchasing a six- or eight-bar pack of Lever 2000. Lessons can be redeemed at participating tennis facilities across the country; locations can be found at USTA.com/Lever2000.
Lever 2000 is also producing an online tennis reality show that started filming in mid-May at several US Open Series sites as well as the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, home of the US Open. The show will feature a competition between four mixed-doubles teams, selected from a national pool of tennis enthusiasts, who will participate in a series of events designed to test and improve their tennis skills. Tennis stars Mary Joe Fernandez and Murphy Jensen will serve as motivators and coaches for the competitors, and Patrick McEnroe will make a guest appearance in the finale in New York.
The winning team will be presented with a VIP US Open Experience. To view the webisodes, log on to USTA.com/Lever2000 throughout the summer.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Re-Evaluating What We Do
- Industry News
- Court Construction: Making Dreams a Reality
- Racquet Tech: Following Directions
- Retailing Tip: There Are Still Only Three Ways To Grow Your Retail Biz!
- Apparel Retailing: Clothes Calls
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Residential Development
- Community Tennis: Local Heroes
- String Playtest: Pacific Poly Force Black Series 1.20
- Your Serve: The Perfect Storm