Tennis Resorts Online Travel Website Names Top 100 Resorts and Camps
Tennis Resorts Online has come out with its annual top tennis resorts and camps, based on evaluations submitted by vacationers. “The best sources of information about a tennis resort or camp experience are the players who go there on vacation,” says Roger Cox, founder and editor of Tennis Resorts Online (www.tennisresortsonline.com). “But these aren’t ordinary players. They spend on average 100 days a year on court, which means that they have high expectations of the staff and programs.”
The No. 1 tennis resort on the list is once again Kiawah Island Golf Resort in South Carolina, which is a credit to former touring pro Roy Barth, who has directed the tennis operation since the resort opened in 1976. Rounding out the top 5 resorts are The Boulders Resort & Golden Door Spa in Arizona, Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt in Austria, Rancho Valencia Resort in California, and Ponte Vedra Inn & Club in Florida.
For tennis camps, once again New England Tennis Holidays took top honors, the sixth year in a row the New Hampshire camp has been No. 1. The rest of the top 5 camps are Vic Braden Tennis College at Green Valley Resort in Utah, Roy Emerson Tennis Weeks at the Palace Hotel in Switzerland, PBI Tennis Camp at the Bio-Hotel Stanglwirt in Austria, and Saddlebrook Tennis in Florida.
Visit tennisresortsonline.com for the complete list of 75 resorts and 25 camps.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Eye on the Ball
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: For Easy Grommet Installation, It’s About Finesse, Not Force
- Retailing 140: Understanding and Measuring Conversion
- Tennis Industry Hall of Fame: Peter Burwash Honored As Industry HOF Inductee
- US Open: Raising the Roof!
- Tennis Teaching Pros: Tennis Director of the Future
- The Passionate Player: The Tennis Congress Cure
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!