New Fabric Structure for Tennessee Club
Baseline Sports Construction of Knoxville, Tenn., recently completed its fourth project using a structure supplied by Universal Fabric Structures. The new project was the four courts of the Centre Court Racquet Club in Louisville, Tenn.
Unlike other fabric structure projects, which cover existing facilities, this one started from scratch. The earth was moved and shaped to accommodate the building, foundations were poured and courts installed. The building covers the four indoor tennis courts, as well as a prefabricated panel building that includes a mezzanine level. Accessories include gable curtain end walls, indirect lighting, radiant heating system, four 40-inch, 11,000-cubic-feet-per-minute exhaust fans, six 60-inch ceiling fans, two sets of double glass doors, backdrop curtains, and divider netting between courts.
The structure is a 118 by 243-foot TFS building that took less than six weeks to complete. The fabric is Ferrari 702 white translucent with a gray border. The TFS Series is engineered using the principle of the peaked arch profile and has proven its viability and versatility on projects ranging from tennis facilities to airplane hangars. Universal Fabric Structures, of Quakertown, Pa., has previously provided structures for Baseline Sports Construction at Pellissippi State Community College, Fort Sanders Health and Fitness, and the Webb School. All three sites are in Knoxville. For more information on Universal, call 800-634-8368 or visit ufsinc.com.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Playtest: Yonex PolyTour Spin G 125
- Our Serve: Tennis, and the Top 20 Fitness Trends
- Industry News
- Customer Service: Simplify The Selection of a New Racquet
- Facility Operations: Simple Secrets to Superior Service and Sales
- Retailing 135: Back to Basics!
- Executive Point: Steve Simon, Tournament Director, BNP Paribas Open
- Recreational Play: ROG Balls and Shorter Courts Aren’t Just for Kids!
- Facility Manager’s Manual: Behavior Modification?
- Outlook 2015: Racquets — It’s All about the Fit