Champions of Tennis 2007
Help us recognize the people who are making a difference in the business of tennis.
Once again, we’d like to honor the champions of our sport — the many, often unheralded heroes who work tirelessly to develop tennis in the U.S. But once again, we need your help in identifying these men and women and how their accomplishments have helped the game, whether in their local areas or nationally.
Please take a look at the categories at the right and email your nominations to RSI@racquettech.com (please put “Champions” in the subject line). Include:
- Nominee’s name;
- Where they work or what they do related to tennis;
- Phone (if possible);
- Brief description of why you believe they are the champions in their areas.
We’d also appreciate your name and contact information, for confirmation purposes only. All nominations will be confidential, and you may nominate for as many categories as you’d like. And, if there’s a category that we don’t list that you think we should include, please let us know.
We need your nominations by Aug. 3, 2007. Email is preferred, but you may fax them to 760-536-1171 or mail them to: Racquet Sports Industry, 330 Main St., Vista, CA 92084.
In our November/December issue, we’ll include a special section acknowledging the dedication of those who work to keep tennis vital in the U.S.
2007 Champions of Tennis Categories
- Person of the Year
- Pro/Specialty Retailer of the Year
- Chain Retailer/Mass Merchant of the Year
- Online Retailer of the Year
- Stringer of the Year
- Builder/Contractor of the Year
- Grassroots Champion of the Year
- Junior Development Champion of the Year
- Sales Rep of the Year
- Wheelchair Tennis Champion of the Year
- Municipal Facility of the Year
- Private Facility of the Year
- Public Park of the Year
- Community Tennis Association of the Year
- High School Coach of the Year
- USTA Section of the Year
- PTR Member of the Year
- USPTA Member of the Year
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Playtest: Luxilon Alu Power Feel 1.20
- Our Serve: What We Need
- Industry news
- Retailing 133: Hiring Smart
- International Tennis Hall of Fame: Five Who Moved This Sport Forward
- Pioneers in Tennis: History Lessons
- Selling Footwear: Gaining a Foothold
- Tennis Research: State of the Industry
- Fall Introductions: The Sum of Its Parts