Babolat Extends Contract with Nadal, Introduces New Aeropro Drive Frame
News from Babolat includes a 10-year contract extension by World No. 2 player Rafael Nadal, and the introduction of the new Babolat Aeropro Drive racquet with the Cortex System, which Nadal started using in April. The contract extension includes racquets, strings, grips, accessories, and bags.
Babolat says the new Aeropro Drive with Cortex is the result of a collaboration with Nadal, who recently captured his third straight Masters Series Monte Carlo pro title. “We accompany him to his major tournaments; we listen to him to design a racquet that best fits his game,” says Babolat CEO Eric Babolat. “We are proud of the collaboration with such a champion. This collaboration is large for him and for us.”
The Aeropro Drive racquet has been enhanced with the Cortex System, says Babolat, to optimize the feel of the ball at impact. Located at the base of the throat, the Babolat Cortex System technology filters unnecessary vibrations, keeping only those that players are looking for when the ball comes in contact with the racquet, says the company.
Baseline hitters who like heavy topspin will appreciate the aerodynamics of the Aeropro Drive for its power, says Babolat. The racquet has a 100-square-inch head and weighs 10.6 ounces unstrung. Suggested retail price is $185.
For information, and to view a video of Nadal with Eric Babolat, visit babolat.com.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Creating That Collaborative Spirit
- Industry News
- Pioneers in Tennis: David Benjamin — College Tennis’s Leading Man
- Retailing 139: Why Fitting Rooms Matter!
- Lake Nona: The ‘New Home for American Tennis’ Takes Shape
- Facility Management: 34 Ways To Grow Tennis Club Membership
- Apparel: Fashions That Are a Smashing Success
- Footwear: Fancy Footwork
- 2015 Guide to Stringing Machines: A Brief History of Stringing Machines