- NCAA coaches Jim Brockhoff of Xavier University and Dr. Robert Screen of Hampton University each recorded their 1,000th career victories in late March, within 24 hours of each other. Brockhoff and Screen join retired Hawaii coach Jim Schwitters as the second and third tennis coaches at the NCAA Division I level to reach 1,000 combined men’s and women’s victories.
- Buddy Bayliss is the new racquet sports territory manager for the Mid-Atlantic region (Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.) for Dunlop Sports Group Americas. Bayliss comes to Dunlop with more than 30 years of industry experience — 25 of them as an independent manufacturers’ rep for racquet and other sports products in the Mid-Atlantic region.
- USTA Past President Alan G. Schwartz has been elected to the board of directors of The Tennis Channel.
- Tom Flanagan is the new communications manager at the USTA New England Section office. Also, Alexandra Rogers is a new Tennis Service Representative in the section.
- Prince players Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur captured the doubles crown at the 2007 Sony Ericsson Open recently, playing with O3 racquets. The duo is the top women’s doubles team in the world. Also, Daniela Hantuchova and young American pro Sam Querrey are now playing with Prince O3 racquets.
- ATP pros Mardy Fish and Dmitry Tursunov have signed with Wilson Racquet Sports and are playing with the company’s [K]Factor racquets. Both are playing with the [K]Six.One 95.
- University of North Carolina senior Jenna Long of Fremont, Calif., and Boise State junior Luke Shields of Grand Junction, Colo., received USTA Sportsmanship Awards at the USTA/ITA National Team Indoor Championships in February.
- Mark Suiter, the Georgia Professional Tennis Association president, is the newest staff pro at the Dunwoody Country Club in Atlanta.
- Rita Garza has been named director of public relations for the USTA’s Pro Tennis division. In her role, Garza will be involved in all aspects of Pro Tennis public relations and publicity efforts, including the US Open, the US Open Series, The U.S. Fed Cup Team, USTA Diversity messaging and USTA Pro Tennis business initiatives.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Re-Evaluating What We Do
- Industry News
- Court Construction: Making Dreams a Reality
- Racquet Tech: Following Directions
- Retailing Tip: There Are Still Only Three Ways To Grow Your Retail Biz!
- Apparel Retailing: Clothes Calls
- Distinguished Facility-of-the-Year Awards: Residential Development
- Community Tennis: Local Heroes
- String Playtest: Pacific Poly Force Black Series 1.20
- Your Serve: The Perfect Storm