Minnesota Couple Wins Hall of Fame Award
Steven K. Champlin and his wife, Marjorie E. Champlin, of Wayzata, Minn., have been named the recipients of the 2006 Samuel Hardy Award, an International Tennis Hall of Fame honor that is given annually to a USTA volunteer in recognition of long and outstanding service to the sport. The award was presented to the Champlins in March at a special luncheon during the USTA Annual Meeting in Arizona.
The Hall of Fame also presented its Educational Merit Awards to three to individuals who have made notable contributions in the tennis education field at the national level. The 2006 winners are Barbara Fackel of Rock Island, Ill., David T. Porter of Laie, Hawaii, and Marc R. Safran of San Francisco.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Our Serve: Creating That Collaborative Spirit
- Our Serve: Catching Adult Players
- Industry News
- Racquet Tech: ATW and Box Patterns
- Footwear: Bottom Liners
- Tennis History Hall of Fame Reopens After Major Renovation
- TI Champions of Tennis Honor Roll
- Cardio Tennis: Reaching Their Cardio Summit
- Nylon vs. Poly