Minnesota Couple Wins Hall of Fame Award
Steven K. Champlin and his wife, Marjorie E. Champlin, of Wayzata, Minn., have been named the recipients of the 2006 Samuel Hardy Award, an International Tennis Hall of Fame honor that is given annually to a USTA volunteer in recognition of long and outstanding service to the sport. The award was presented to the Champlins in March at a special luncheon during the USTA Annual Meeting in Arizona.
The Hall of Fame also presented its Educational Merit Awards to three to individuals who have made notable contributions in the tennis education field at the national level. The 2006 winners are Barbara Fackel of Rock Island, Ill., David T. Porter of Laie, Hawaii, and Marc R. Safran of San Francisco.
TI magazine search
TI magazine articles
- Playtest: Tecnifibre Multifeel 16
- Our Serve: Learning Curve
- Industry News
- Racquet Service: New Concept in Racquet Service
- Retailing 141: Specialty Stores Are Alive and Well!
- Racquet Tech: Stringing 101 — Knots
- Grassroots Tennis: Play It Forward!
- Community Tennis: Use ‘Crowd Funding’ to Help With Your Next Tennis Project
- OUTLOOK 2016: Racquets & Strings — New and Improved